||Oracle Tips by Burleson
Installation of STATSPACK is actually quite simple:
- Create a tablespace in which to store the captured STATSPACK
statistics. Usually 100-500 Megabytes is enough, but one should
certainly set aside 500 Megabytes if STATSPACK is to be used on
a continuing basis. This tablespace is normally called perfstat.
- From the sys user, the statspack user, table, and packaged
creation script should be run. Usually this is: $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/spcreate.sq;
however, this may be different on older Oracle releases.
- Log in as the perfstat user and execute the statspack.snap
- Following a reasonable collection interval, the
statspack.snap procedure should be re-run.
- From the perfstat user, the STATSPACK reporting script:
$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/spreport, should be run for the
interval over which statistics were just collected.
The above book excerpt is from:
& Grid Tuning with Solid State Disk
Expert Secrets for High Performance Clustered Grid Computing
Mike Ault, Donald K. Burleson