The IT manager never makes the hiring decision based solely on
your technical qualifications. This book is the first handbook
that shows the secrets used by hiring managers to evaluate all
aspects of your suitability for that dream job. Knowing the way
that IT manager screen your resumes, conducts your telephone
interviews and perform the on-site interview will give you the
edge that you need to land your computer dream job.
This book shares secret techniques used by major Corporations to
quickly find the short-list of job candidates and shows the
determining factors that lead to the final job offer. You will see
real-world techniques for screening for fraud and deception and
learn how to present yourself favorably without being caught in
You will also learn what hiring managers seek in the ideal IT
professional and learn the answers to the tricky questions that
make-or-break the hiring decision. Using the insights from the
hiring manager you can ace your technical telephone interview,
advance to the on-site interview and see how to stay out of the
"traps" that will disqualify you from getting the job offer you
* Learn how to present yourself as the best-qualified computer professional.
* See how management evaluates your resume to determine your suitability for any IT professional position.
* Understand the personality characteristics of successful IT professional.
* See how management verifies your personal, academic and work history.
* See the managers checklist of personality and demographic characteristics.
* Get actual oral interview questions for important IT positions including system analyst, programmer, webmaster, developer, database administrator and system administrator.
* Get technology-specific job interview questions including C++ questions, PHP questions, UNIX questions, FrontPage and Oracle PL/SQL job interview questions.