Written by a distinguished graduate of West Point, Garmany
leverages his 20+ years of experience into an indispensable guide
for any Oracle professional who must quickly implement Oracle
A noted instructor, author and lecturer, John Garmany leverages
his ability to explain complex issues in Plain English into a
one-of-a-kind book. John Garmany targets his decades of SQL*Plus
experience into this must-have book. Intended for anyone who
need to extract Oracle data and format reports, John reveals the
secrets of quickly and easily producing stunning reports from
Easy Oracle PL/SQL provides you with the tools you need to
create, debug and execute PL/SQL code. The example driven
methodology will have you coding basic PL/SQL blocks by the end
of the first chapter. Each chapter will build on previous
concepts, introducing you to increasingly more complex PL/SQL
coding, while always focusing on readability and manageability.
Each concept is introduced using multiple examples and each
chapter has exercises to test you knowledge. With Easy Oracle
PL/SQL you will be able to put the incredible power of the
Oracle Database to use with your application.
* Learn PL/SQL
basics, anonymous blocks, stored procedures and functions.
* Implement Best Practices to make your code readable and
* Understand PL/SQL variable including user defined and abstract
* Learn PL/SQL language structures including if/then/else and
* Become skilled at handling exceptions.
* Learn to effectively use Cursors and Ref Cursors.
* Begin working with Collections, Arrays, and PL/SQL Tables.
* Improve performance with Bulk Collects and Loads.
* See the power of packages including creating and using
* Call PL/SQL procedures and functions from applications.
* Run PL/SQL from a script or database job.
* Learn how to use triggers to react to database events.